The next meeting signup:
Our next meeting at MRS Hobbies is Sept 14th. I have links below to sign up for each session. Please be advised that I need some time to get prepared so the sooner you can sign up, the better. You may sign up for morning and afternoon clinics if you want to do more in a day.
Starting in October, we will be having mini clinics on subjects that might interest you for example:
October mini clinic will be on air brushing. I will bring my air compressor and air brush for hands on learning
November mini clinic will be on 3D printing. VEMO will bring their 3D printer and make stuff for us right during our Pizza Box assembly clinic.
December mini clinic will be on building model N scale cars kits. I have several donated and we need to build them!!
January mini clinic will be on coupler change outs. Changing between various styles of couplers so you can run many cars on the same trains.
Join the Pizza Box Model Railroad Club
Formerly the Discovery Model Railroad Club
- Build a model railroad
- Learn Science, Technology, engineering, art, and math
- Visit fabulous layouts in our area (layout tours)
- Operate a model train (operating groups) simulating a real railroad
- Be part of a national organization with exciting activities
- Visit National Model Railroad sites at NMRA rates
- Have expert instruction on modeling techniques
- Your Layout will be shown at the Intermountain Train Expo. It does not have to be completed, just worked on. Layout kits handed out at the Train Day show will be at no charge for the first 40. Materials may be donated but there may be some additional costs incurred for specialized layouts. Rolling stock, engines, power packs are not included.
- This year only – 2018 your layout will be shown at the 26th Annual National N Scale Convention being held in Salt Lake City June 20-24!
- A waiting list may be necessary. We will get you started as soon as possible.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CLUB MEMBERSHIP
- Join the NMRA as a rail pass member (9 month membership). $19.95 – click this link to join
- Attend monthly construction sessions.
- A Parent must be present at each meeting.
- A copy of your NMRA rail pass receipt submitted to Blaine.
Please read the requirements above and send an email to: Blaine Holbrook: firstname.lastname@example.org
Include in the email: Parents name, Address, Phone, Email address & First Name of children participating.
We had a lot of layouts at the National N Scale Convention!