Postponed until further notice. This program is going through a reorganization process, in addition to COVID restrictions there are no meetings at this time.
The next meeting signup:
It’s getting close to when we would have our May Clinic. My first thoughts are to protect our health. We had one of our instructors test positive for the Covid19 virus. He is doing fine but we don’t want to spread this stuff. The suspected source is a trip to the hospital for a required surgery. The Governor has not lifted sanctions enough to allow our close quartered clinic to proceed. I feel we should wait to June to open up again. I will post June, July and August shortly.
Walthers has announced their 2021 contest. Here is a quote from the release:
“Last year Walthers created a new section in our Reference Book that we call our Yearbook.
It includes 4 categories; Yardmaster Generals, Future Fans, Club Cars and Brick & Mortar Brigade. We select about 6 winners from the nominations we receive, to be featured in the Yearbook as representative of modelers, Youth, MRR clubs and MRR retailers who are really engaged in the hobby. We will be posting the categories in our weekly emails, flyers and social media but I wanted to draw your attention to the Future Fans. I encourage you to share this with your youth groups so that they might enter. Prizes last year included gift certificates and checks but it is more about getting in the yearbook. This is not about who is the best modeler, but who has the most enthusiasm. Entering requires a photo and a brief (150 word) paragraph providing a bit about the nominee.
Kids can enter themselves or an adult mentor or group leader can nominate them. Any winners will require a parental permission form be filled out. The link at the bottom of the graphic below will take you to the nomination form. If you have any questions, certainly reach out to me. “
Join the Pizza Box Model Railroad Club
Formerly the Discovery Model Railroad Club
- Build a model railroad
- Learn Science, Technology, engineering, art, and math
- Visit fabulous layouts in our area (layout tours)
- Operate a model train (operating groups) simulating a real railroad
- Be part of a national organization with exciting activities
- Visit National Model Railroad sites at NMRA rates
- Have expert instruction on modeling techniques
- Your Layout will be shown at the Intermountain Train Expo. It does not have to be completed, just worked on. Layout kits handed out at the Train Day show will be at no charge for the first 40. Materials may be donated but there may be some additional costs incurred for specialized layouts. Rolling stock, engines, power packs are not included.
- This year only – 2018 your layout will be shown at the 26th Annual National N Scale Convention being held in Salt Lake City June 20-24!
- A waiting list may be necessary. We will get you started as soon as possible.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CLUB MEMBERSHIP
- Join the NMRA as a rail pass member (9 month membership). $19.95 – click this link to join
- Attend monthly construction sessions.
- A Parent must be present at each meeting.
- A copy of your NMRA rail pass receipt submitted to Blaine.
Please read the requirements above and send an email to: Blaine Holbrook: firstname.lastname@example.org
Include in the email: Parents name, Address, Phone, Email address & First Name of children participating.
We had a lot of layouts at the 2018 National N Scale Convention in Salt Lake City!